Become a member today or renew your GACA membership online! Membership in the Georgia Addiction Counselors Association and NAADAC (The Association for Addiction Professionals) is done at the state level. All membership is processed and maintained through GACA. When you join GACA your membership information will then be forwarded to NAADAC to complete your membership in both organizations within 30 days of joining. Membership is voluntary and is separate from certification. Become a member of GACA/NAADAC today or renew your membership and take advantage of the great benefits GACA/NAADAC have to offer. Select the following membership rate that applies to you:
- Professional: $145 - Open to individuals who are engaged as addiction professionals and includes the full membership benefits.
- Associate: $124 - Open to individuals who are working towards qualification, licensure, or certification in the addictions profession and have less than five years of experience. This category may include counselors-in-training category and non-clinical addiction professionals, such as probation officers, marketing representatives, public health workers, peer recovery support specialists, as well as other people interested in the addiction field. Associate members must not be currently licensed or certified as an addiction professional.
- Student: $62.50 - Open to those individuals currently enrolled in a college/university or state government approved training facility with a minimum of three credit hours in addiction studies, and students involved in a full or part-time internship are also eligible for student membership. Student members must not be currently licensed or certified as an addiction professional or practicing as an addiction professional. All student members are required to attest to student status.
- Military: $62.50 - Open to individuals actively enrolled in the U.S. Military or U.S. Military Reserve.
- Retired: $62.50 - Open to individuals that are no longer in practice.
Click below to pay for membership or mail a check payable to GACA, 4015 South Cobb Drive, Suite 160, Smyrna, GA 30080.
Benefits of membership in GACA/NAADAC include:
- Discounted rates for the certification and re-certification process.
- Select discounts for training and conferences/workshops.
- Quarterly Professional Update newsletter featuring regional educational training, legislation updates on standards for professional counselors, committee updates, and certification policies.
- Eligibility to sit on the Board of Directors and working committees.
Additional benefits through NAADAC include:
- Access to Professional Services
- Malpractice Insurance
- Advances in Addiction & Recovery publication
- Independent Study Courses including Webinars
- Legislative Alert Network (e-LAN)
- Up-to-date Website
- Annual National Conference and Public Policy Conference
- Advocacy for the Profession in Washington, DC
- Professional Education and Development
Membership is not required to receive certification. Membership fees must be paid in full at the eligible level in order to receive member discounted rates.