Georgia Addiction Counselors Association (GACA), a non-profit membership association of addiction professionals, is planning our next Training Conference & Retreat and requests proposals for training and educational presentations for addiction professionals. Please download Call for Presentations Spring 2018 for topics and full requirements.
Our conference will be held at Epworth by the Sea, St Simons, GA, Thursday evening through Sunday morning, April 26-29, 2018. This conference will focus on Addressing Opioid Use in Georgia.
Please download the Conference Presentation Proposal Form to submit your course description.
Audience and Class Details:
- 150 participants
- Class sizes range from 20 to 40 people.
- Presentation time lengths: 6 hours, 4.5 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours.
- Our conference registrants come from a variety of settings including treatment facilities, recovery residences, private practice, government agencies, corrections facilities, colleges and universities, public health agencies, drug courts, and faith-based facilities. Counselors in training and persons interested in learning about addiction and recovery are encouraged to attend.
- Primary Presenters must be a certified addiction counselor, licensed counselor, or equivalent credential at minimum so that the material and presentation may be submitted for approval by GACA, NAADAC, LPCA, NASW-GA, or other boards.
- Complete and submit all the following:
We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your proposal(s).