Georgia Addiction Counselors Association (GACA), a non-profit membership association of addiction professionals, is planning our Fall Training Conference & Retreat and requests proposals for training and educational presentations for addiction professionals.
Our conference will be held at Lanier Islands Legacy Lodge, Buford, Georgia on Sunday evening through Wednesday morning, October 15-18, 2017.
Audience and Class Details:
- 150 participants
- Class sizes range from 20 to 40 people.
- Presentation time lengths: 6 hours, 4.5 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours.
- Our conference registrants come from a variety of settings including treatment facilities, recovery residences, private practice, government agencies, corrections facilities, colleges and universities, public health agencies, drug courts, and faith-based facilities. Counselors in training and persons interested in learning about addiction and recovery are encouraged to attend.
GACA requests proposals for presentations on the following topics:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Person-Centered Therapy, Positive Psychology, Brief Therapy, Family Systems Counseling, Group Counseling, Abstinence Based Treatment, and Counseling Theories & Methods.
Counseling Practices and Skills:
Assessment & Screening, Evaluation, Treatment Planning, Treatment Modalities, Referral, Coordination of Care, Relapse Prevention, Continuing Care, Client, Family & Community Education, Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention & Prevention, Ethics, Clinical Supervision of Counselors, Ethics for CCS, Expressive Therapies & Interventions, Group Facilitation, Evidence-based Practices, Case Studies, Relapse Prevention, and The ASAM Criteria.
Neurobiology of Addiction, Opioids, Alcohol, Marijuana/Cannabinoids, Sedatives, Stimulants, Hallucinogens, Synthetic & Designer Drugs, Tobacco/Nicotine/Vaping, and Pharmacotherapy/Medication-Assisted Treatment & Recovery.
Integrated Treatment, Changes from DSM-IV to DSM-5, Mental Health Disorders, Trauma, and ICD 10.
Special Populations and Cultural Diversity:
Adolescents, Older Adults, Clients in the Criminal Justice System, Mandated Clients, Clients with Co-occurring Disorders, Veterans/Military, Low-income/Homeless, Clients with HIV/AIDS, Ethnic & Racial Minorities, LGBTQ, and Gender Specific Issues.
Trauma-Informed Care, Grief and Loss, Mindfulness, Internet and Gaming Addictions, Gambling Addiction, Sex and Relationships in Recovery, Medication-Assisted Treatment, Tele-Mental Health, Body Image & Disordered Eating, and the Opioid Epidemic.
Requirements and Restrictions:
- Primary Presenters must be a certified addiction counselor, licensed counselor, or equivalent credential at minimum so that the material and presentation may be submitted for approval by GACA, NAADAC, LPCA, NASW-GA, or other boards.
- Complete and submit all the following:
- Fall Conference Presentation Proposal Form
- Professional Bio
- CV or Resume
- Professional Headshot (Optional. Submission serves as permission for the image to be used in marketing and promotion of the event and the presenter. Images are used at the discretion of GACA.)
- Presenters may submit more than one proposed course.
- Email the above required forms in Word document format to Jared Sulc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submitting a proposal is close of business June 23, 2017.
- Selected presenters will receive an emailed contract which will include the approved rates, benefits, and allowed reimbursement. GACA reserves the right to cancel a workshop with less than 10 people registered.
- Final selection of proposals will be completed by June 30, 2017. Selected presenters will be notified by email, as will those not selected.
- A presenter contract must be signed and returned to GACA by July 7, 2017.
- Only a Primary Presenter may be paid fees, receive complimentary registration rates, and allowed approved reimbursements, based on the signed contract.
- A separate contract agreement must be signed by any Secondary Presenter.
- We greatly appreciate providers who donate their time for no or reduced cost to GACA.
- Submit all course materials and handouts electronically 60 days prior to the event.
- Present the information described in the proposal.
Presenters are responsible for making their own reservations and will be reimbursed up to the amount allowed by the signed contract.
To become a presenter, email the above required forms to email@example.com.
Fee Rates and Benefits for PRIMARY PRESENTERS ONLY
- Free Conference Registration for each day presenting.
- Hourly fee: Negotiable, per contract agreement.
- Mileage Reimbursement: Negotiable, per contract agreement.
- Lodging & food Reimbursement per contract agreement for each day presenting.
We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your proposal(s).